- While many companies have replaced employees with automated machines, local insurance agencies still provide the same personalized level of customer service you have come to expect. When you have a question about one of your policies, or worse, need to report a claim, would you rather be greeted by an automated recording or speak to an actual person? At independent insurance agencies, an actual person will still assist you, and in the unfortunate event that you need to report a claim, your agent will not only answer any coverage questions you may have, but also can help you report the loss to your insurance company. Throughout the claims process, your agent will always be available to assist you, from checking in on the status of your claim to connecting you with your claims adjuster.
- As local residents, many insurance agents are able to use their knowledge of the area to better protect your home, car, business, and other valuable assets. For example, a local agent is likely to be aware of high water tables that increase flood risks in the spring, whereas an insurance provider based in another location may not be as familiar with this seasonal risk. As a result, your local agent is more likely to recommend basement water coverage, which is not generally included in a homeowner’s policy, to protect you from this seasonal exposure. Having lived in the area for years, many agents use their local knowledge to help you better understand and reduce your risks.
- Not only are agents knowledge about the community, but they also give back to it in many different ways. From serving as board members for local non-profits and donating money to area charities to sponsoring local fundraisers and helping organizations publicize these events, many insurance agents place a strong emphasis on community involvement. Witnessing your local agents give back to the community can make you feel confident in your decision to do business with them.
- In today’s society, although so many new forms of advertising have emerged, a company’s reputation can still speak volumes, and many local insurance agencies take pride in the well-established reputations they have earned in their respective communities. Although obtaining quotes from Internet-based insurance providers can be quick and convenient for some consumers, wouldn’t you rather place your trust in an insurance agency you can walk into any time, and for which your family members, friends, neighbors or co-workers could provide a testimonial? Many independent agencies have been in business for tens and even hundreds of years – an accomplishment that not only speaks to their well-established reputations, but also to their financial stability, allowing you to feel confident knowing your most valuable possessions are protected by a secure business.
- When you visit the doctor you are able to take care of all your medical needs at once and when you go to the grocery store you can take care of all your food needs at once, so wouldn’t it be convenient to be able to rely on one company to handle all of your insurance needs? Independent insurance agencies provide you with the convenience of one-stop shopping, with the ability to insure just about anything you’d like to protect, from your home and automobile to your business. Many agencies even offer specialty types of coverage, like equine and farm insurance and medical malpractice insurance. Your independent agent can also typically help you design an affordable benefit plan for your employees, as well as assist you with your financial planning.